Facilitate and accelerate the listing of offers
Too many hours spent preparing and processing files, problems interpreting data, energy-intensive and costly processes, out-of-
sync data exchanges between company departments, etc.
The consensus in the construction, industry and infrastructure sectors is that without a stable and unified exchange format,
listing operations generate work that does not add any value. Resources are too often wasted:
- Duplicating data rather than creating it
- Resolving misunderstandings regarding the data that is expected
- Without the possibility of automating the production, checking and integration of files
- A growing volume of electronic exchanges that concern different needs (sales, marketing, logistics, etc.),
- Shorter product life cycles,
- The need to optimise offers with enhanced content and media,
- Product offers often turned into solution or system offers,
- The need to provide reliable and consistent information throughout the customer’s purchasing process (cross-channel strategy, etc.)
The traditional approach by which each company has “its own format” is not only completely unsuitable given today’s challenges – productivity and reducing Time to Market – it also complicates the management of product data.
It was out of this shared observation that the FAB-DIS unified format was born.