Version 2.3: the multi-trade response
Good news! FAB-DIS is being developed to make your upcoming listing operations even easier. V2.3 is being enhanced to meet your new requirements, without altering the structure of the exchange format. Called V2.3 Release 2019, it comes into force on 1 September 2019.
In 2018, with almost 80 improvements compared to the previous version, FAB-DIS V2.3 reinforced the multi-trade and multi-channel nature of the format. In 2019, this dynamic is continuing to further improve the attractiveness of FAB-DIS in the construction, industry and infrastructure sectors, particularly thanks to:
- The extension of the scope of use to Personal Protective Equipment (e.g. pricing by the pair, integration of the Declaration of Conformity required under EU Regulations, etc.), construction materials (e.g. expression of packaging of laminate floor boards or construction panels, reference to the sector’s NF conformity marks, etc.) and regulated measuring instruments (e.g. conformity of electricity or gas meters, etc.)
- The possibility of pricing commercial references by the hour (e.g. service provision) or identifying products whose price cannot be communicated (e.g. custom-made item, net price negotiated at the time of purchase)
- The integration of three new value tables (Customs, F-GAS, Language) that will be used as a basis for new checks by the Easy-Check tool to boost the reliability of the data communicated
This enhanced V2.3 version is the fruit of meticulous work carried out by the FAB-DIS committee, which is representative of the diversity of the sectors, to gather and analyse requirements.
To understand these expectations and respond to them better, the committee has studied around 50 examples of use over the last 12 months and held three sector-specific workshops.
- A major survey involving more than 300 users,
- Study of around 60 examples of use,
- Four sector-specific workshops,
- The technical approval of the unified control script (500 files tested).